BMW DIS GT1
BMW DIS / GT1 (Diagnostic Information System) is mainly used for car electrical system diagnostic. BMW DIS also contains an automatic interface connected, during test plans, to the measuring systems and some electronic writing diagrams.
If you just want the BMW DIS software you can search on the main search engines for the desired version BMW DIS V57, V56, V55, V53, V44, V39, V32 or BMW GT1 and you can find many DIS suppliers / manufactures or you can order from our store the BMW INPA DIS Ediabas SSS GT1 USB OBD Cable tool .
How to run a car diagnostic with BMW DIS / GT1 software
Diagnostic Head Connection
To start a car diagnostic we need a connection between the car obd system and the DIS program and this connection can be done from the DIS administration screen via connection setup or from the diagnosis program:
- in the DIS main screen select “Administration”
- select “Connection setup”
- in the diagnosis program we select “setting up the connection”
- select the free connected head and press “Connecting”
- if all is right you will see a communication with the diagnostic machine
- select the diagnosis program
- chose the right (appropriate) vehicle designation
This operations will help the tester to access the installed information for the identification of the vehicle.
The vehicle identification can be done in two ways:
- Automatic ID, when the BMW DISplus or BMW GT1 reads the ZCS code and determine what systems are installed on the vehicle. After vehicle identification the user can use the BMW DIS or BMW GT1 to perform short tests.
- Manual identification, it is done if the D bus is faulted or the connection can not be made automatic:
· first select “Manual”
· Enter the vehicle information: model, version, model year
If automatic or manual identification was completed then the vehicle identification screen will appear.
Now we are ready to perform a complete diagnosis. This diagnosis is done with a short test. It this test the BMW DIS or BMW GT1 interrogates the fault memories of all control systems to see if all control modules are operational. After this operation the status of the control module will be displayed on the vehicle ID screen.
Each control module status is represented by a symbol:
X – The communication is working but is al least one fault in that module ;
! – The communication is working and there aren’t any faults in that module ;
- A “blank space” means that the vehicle is not equipped with that module or the module has failed to communicate ;
? – This meand that the BMW DIS or BMW GT1 can’t determine which module is installed on the vehicle ;
=> – Means that the BMW DIS or BMW GT1 is trying to communicate with the vehicle control module.
Fault Symptom Selection
After the short test was completed the continue arrow will be used to display the BMW DIS fault symptom selection screen. Here you will see all fault memories set for car troubleshooting purposes.
Fault symptoms can be observed and entered by the service technicians or car owner.
To enter the fault symptoms the following procedure must be done:
- select the fault symptoms
- press “Transfer”
After the transfer is done a test schedule can be generated on the basis of the fault symptoms entered.
Based on all current and stored fault symptoms a test schedule is generated and BMW DIS / GT1 establishes a prioritized order for the diagnostic tests.
On the test plan screen will be displayed the fault codes, a description of the fault code, symptoms, test modules and diagnostic tests.
All test modules have a status indicator:
X Means that the test module’s are OK
! Means that the result of the module test was good
- Means that the module test ha not been preformed
? Means that during the module test an interruption had occurred and the result was not obtained
=> Means that the test module is active
To advance to the next test schedule you need to press the continue arrow and the test information screen will appear. On the BMW DIS / GT1 information screen will be displayed documents containing information used in the fault diagnosis. Among this information you can find: connector locations, functional descriptions, writing schematics, etc.
End of Diagnosis
To end a diagnosis test you have three option under the drop down menu of the BMW DIS / GT1 software: Break, Cancel and Quit.
Canceling a Session
When you decide to terminate a test sequence a dialog box will appear and you will have two options:
- “Terminate” this means to end the diagnosis without printing a diagnosis report
- “Diagnosis report”, option that, if selected, will print the report before terminating
Break-Pausing/Interrupting a Test Session
Using this option you will be able to stop temporarily the BMW DIS / GT1 program and resume later. If Break is selected then you will have the option to : Pause – short interruption of bmw diagnosis and Interrupt – long interruption in bmw diagnosis.
For restarting the application all you have to do is select the “Job” button and then select the chassis number of the vehicle you want to resume the test diagnosis.
When quitting the session the BMW Dis / GT1 will take you to the startup screen.
A great BMW diagnostic tool is the BMW . INPA . DIS Ediabas GT1 SSS USB OBD diagnostic cable .
For just 49 $