OBD 2 Diagnostic Connector Pinout
Unlike OBD I since 1996 all obd connectors are standardized. The location of the OBD ii socket is, in most cases , on the driver's side of the car under the steering wheel.
The obd 2 SAE J1962 connector hat the following pinout configuration:
2. Bus positive Line of SAE-J1850
3. Ford DCL(+) Argentina, Barazil (pre OBD II) 1997-2000
4. Chassis Ground
5. Signal Ground
6. CAN high (ISO 15765-4 and J2234)
7. K line of ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4
10. Bus negative Line of J1850
11. Ford DCL (-) Argentina, Brazil (pre OBD-II 1997-2000)
14. CAN low (ISO 15765-4 AND j2234)
15. L line of ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4
16. Battery voltage
The unspecified pins are left for car manufactures to use, and they can differ depending on the car manufacture and model.
OBD II diagnostic cable pinout schematic